Who is Sports Testing for?
Sports testing is for anyone wanting to achieve a goal, and not just racing athletes. A sports test gives you information that will help with:
Benefits of a Sports Test
- Your Training Zones - It clearly identifies YOUR training zones, not ones that are predicted from maximum heart rate, an FTP test or worst still….based upon your age
- Training Plan - It allows you (or your coach) to devise a training plan that is right for your current goals and aims, with your present fitness, giving attention to appropriate recovery and with the time you have available, rather than relying on the latest (generic) schedule from a book or magazine. [A good training programme doesn’t need hours and hours every week, it just needs to be specific to the athlete!]
- Baseline & Track Improvements - It will help you accurately assess whether your training is working, or whether your training plan needs modifications.
- Strengths & Weaknesses - It will identify YOUR strengths and weaknesses. This will help you decide what you need in your training plan, and where you can focus your valuable time and attention to get the greatest improvements in your performance, and avoid sessions that are not going to significantly improve your fitness.
- Body Composition / Dietary Changes - It will identify your appropriate body composition to hit peak performance on race day, by looking at body fat levels. This can be combined with setting nutritional targets to aid appropriate weight/gain loss and optimal recovery from each training day.
- Effective Training - Most importantly, it allows YOU to maximise your valuable training time, and gain the advantage you are looking for.
When to Have a Sports Test
Training with Purpose
It feels great to train, but training with a focus gives you better results, and ultimately better performance on race day, making even bigger smiles!
So, whatever your level, fitness testing can give you clarity and direction in your training, to give you a performance edge!
Videos and Imagery
Still Not Convinced?
More information about what Sports testing involves and why it could help you, please see our blog article and video. Or you can get in touch with Dr. Garry Palmer who can talk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.